When shopping for a new water heater, you may want to consider looking into your options for an instant hot water heater, sometimes referred to as a ‘tankless water heater.’ Traditional tank water heaters can have a cheaper price point on the front end of installation or replacement, but their lifetime cost can be more expensive. Instant hot water heaters typically provide many more benefits than compared to a traditional tank hot water heater. Below are some of the benefits:
- Hot water supply: Tank water heaters have a limit as to how much hot water they will put out at any given time, as it will depend on the size of the tank you purchase. However, one of the best features of the instant water heater is that your hot water supply that will never run out. Want to run the dishwasher while someone is in the shower? No problem. Do you have a large family and multiple people are showering at the same time? No problem.
- Space: Instant water heaters take up less space than the traditional water heaters.
- Efficiency & Cost Savings: You can also expect to see a 22% increase in efficiency as compared to the traditional counterparts. While those month-to-month savings may not seem like a lot – over the course of a year – those savings start to pack a punch. Upwards of $100 can be expected to be saved annually.
- Warranty: Most warranties are significantly longer than a traditional tank hot water heater.
- Rebates: Federal tax rebates are oftentimes available for those who select an instant water heater.
Whether you need a gas or electric hot water heater, there are multiple instant hot water heater models for you to research. Saving time, efficiency, less use of space, tax incentives, and most importantly the endless supply of hot water are all great reasons to consider purchasing an instant hot water heater in the future.